IFHE Programme Committee Household Technology and Sustainability (PC HT & S)
We observe following facts:
- the use of various technological devices is increasing in households all around the world.
- these devices consume resources by providing support for daily living.
- these devices may be more efficient as doing the same job by hand.
Independent of how the work at home is done, it takes a considerable amount of resources and contributes to harmful changes of our ambient. But there are many ways to do the same job with less impact. Therefore we need
- to qualify and quantify environmental effects coming from the use of technical devices in households.
- to identify sustainable technological solutions for daily household work.
- to identify "best practices" for doing household jobs.
- to disseminate "best practices" and train the correct use of devices in households.
The Programme Committee "Household Technology and Sustainability" within IFHE is taking up these tasks.
To contribute to the work of this Programme Committee you need to get membership of IFHE.